Monday, July 6, 2009

What I wouldn't give for some good udon...

As I read up on Kagawa-ken, they appear to be renowned for their Sanuki udon. Just thinking about it makes me wish for a good bowl. Perhaps I will partake in some when I finish my tour of the prefectures...

But here we are at Kagawa-ken. 39 teams make up the field, highlighted by the top 2 seeds - Samukawa and Tadotsu. Neither school has earned a trip to Koshien. The team that has dominated the scene recently, Jinsei Gakuen, draws one of the extra opening round matches, and will have to play 6 games to earn their 6th bid in the last 10 years. Last year's participant, Kagawa Nishi, will face the Takamatsu Sakurai and Takamatsu Chuo winner. Should they win that game, they have a possible matchup with seeded Samukawa.

It's been fun being in Shikoku, but now we're off to the Chuugoku region and Yamaguchi-ken. Nanyou Kougyou had a good run. How are they doing?

No comments: