Unlike the summer where they split Hokkaido, here there is only 1 spot, which I guess while warranted because of the weakness in prefecture, is somewhat disappointing.
Anyways, we have our teams as follows going to the Super-Regional:
- Hakodatedai Yuuto - Perhaps in a rebuilding year, struggled against Hakodate Kougyou and Shiritsu Hakodate.
- Hakodate Shougyou - Went on an offensive rampage before eking a 2-0 win over Hakodate Ootani. Did not have to face Hakodate LaSalle
- Komadai Tomakomai - They advance, but a 2-1 block win over Hokkaido Sakae does not instill confidence.
- Tomakomai Chuo - Only runs given up in opening game versus Muroran Sakae. Will get tested in Super-Regional play.
- Sapporo Ootani - Had close calls versus Sapporo Nichidai and unknown Hokkaido Kokusai Jyouhou.
- Sapporo Minami - Routed all opponents, though had a 15-8 barnburner against Sapporo Atsubetsu.
- Toukai Dai-yon - Once again, they make it with no issues (including a convincing win over Sapporo Dai-ichi!), but you have to wonder if they'll ever breakthrough.
- Sapporo Seishuu - Had several close games before blowing out Sapporo Touryou in block final. But no quality opponents and team is a relative unknown.
- Hokushou - Need I say more?
- Komadai Iwamizawa - A very close call with a 10 inning win over Takigawa Nishi, but otherwise smooth sailing.
- Asahikawadai - They're back in the spotlight, and had quality wins over Asahikawa Jitsugyou and a 14 inning marathon against Furano. Did not give up a single run in the block.
- Asahikawa Meisei - Makes just their 3rd appearance, and only after outlasting Asahikawa Minami 8-7.
- Teshio - Makes their 4th appearance after defeating Wakkanai Ootani 3-1 in block final.
- Abashiri Keiyou - A real unknown who gave up runs only in a 11 inning 5-4 win over Kitami Kougyou.
- Kitami Hokuto - Got stronger as they progressed, struggling against Kitami Hokuyou before defeating Engaru and Memanbetsu.
- Shirakaba Gakuen - Had an uncharacteristic hiccup in 4-3 10 inning win over Shimizu, but otherwise breezed through.
- Obihiro Sanjyou - The fabled Obihiro Ootani couldn't make it back as they lost 4-1 in the block final.
- Kushiro Meiki - Another unknown, walked off Kushiro Hokuyou 4-2 to advance.
- Bushuukan - Had to walk off against Nakashibetsu, but routed everyone else otherwise.