Wednesday, February 5, 2014

On getting info on teams...

So in going through the reviews of teams invited to Senbatsu, you've seen that it can be difficult to get information on players one way or another.  More surprisingly, I have had difficulties with teams in the Kanto region.

But perhaps it shouldn't be surprising at all...

I say this because if I had the chance to help out a team trying to reach Koushien, I would scout the heck out of the schools I might be facing.  Anything to get an advantage, especially against the upper tier schools. In fact, we already see some of it being used in actual gameplay like Saibi vs. Hanamaki Higashi.

So why wouldn't I look on the internet for videos of players from opposing schools? Or games they have played in?

Which brings me to my point.  I already saw signs of it a couple of years back when a YouTube video of a school that had made Koushien was blurred out in places so that it would be difficult to identify players.  If it was like that back then, I would imagine it's still the case now.

So, I guess outside of the real superstar players who many will be taking videos of, it might be a little more difficult to find videos of players.

No comments: