Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Favorite bands/melodies

I love the school bands that attend the games. There's a lot of familiar songs - "Touch", "Sakuranbo", etc. But there are some that do a real good job, or have something distinct.

By the way, there's a montage of all 32 teams in the tourney here. I just love the joy the teams have in those pictures. Saijyou's pic is pretty fitting too.

Narashino Koukou (here too)
Their unique rally music is really catchy.

Keiou Koukou
They take after their university band. Good thing too because I love their medley.

Waseda Jitsugyou
Um. Konpeki no sora. Yeah. Scary amazing. (My video)

Komadai Tomakomai
I loved their medley. Very catchy and one I could rally around. (This was the 9th inning of the replay after the 15 inning duel which was just amazing. I almost lost it watching Komadai come back. So did my new friend sitting next to me who had flown down all the way from Tomakomai and stayed the extra day.)

Chiben Wakayama (applies to Chiben Gakuen too)
That big C is as intimidating as Chiben Wakayama is. Their rally music is just as good. The continual chant calling on the batter could lift any team to victory.

Special mention goes to ace Akagawa Katsuki of Miyzaki Shougyou. His music when he was at bat was "Zankoku na tenshi no teeze" or for those more familiar "Cruel Angel's Thesis" from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I had seen it as a track on a Braban Koushien CD, but never heard it in practice until Akagawa. That's an automatic win in my book. He's not a bad pitcher either.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Waseda's main ouenka is actually called Konpeki no Sora 紺碧の空 -- the blue blue sky. Not kanpeki (you were probably thinking perfect sky?)

Toho had the funniest music last year when they started playing Tyrone Woods's fanfare for one guy.

Goro Shigeno said...

*sighs* There I go again getting stuff slightly wrong. Thanks for the heads up there.

You know, I wouldn't necessarily have been surprised if a player had a cheer song from a NPB player. I am surprised however that they decided to choose a gaijin.